- Counsel your team when selecting a name or logo for a new brand or service.
- Identify potential conflicts and competing trademarks with a trademark clearance.
- Help you secure a federal trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Respond to Office Actions issued by the USPTO, including substantive actions concerning Likelihood of Confusion and Descriptiveness.
- Represent your company before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, including filing and defending Oppositions and Cancellations.
- Counsel you on copyright matters such as fair use and infringement.
- Draft work for hire agreements to maintain copyright ownership when working with outside vendors.
- Secure copyright clearances and licenses for your use in creative projects.
- Register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Draft licensing agreements and negotiate them on your behalf.
A snapshot of the work that we do…
Film Licensing Counsel
Film director screened a new documentary at a prestigious film fest, and received widespread interest in the film. Director discussed expansion and growth opportunities with us. We counseled the client on various licensing options, drafted a film licensing agreement and helped the client negotiate licensing opportunities.
Successful Likelihood of Confusion Defense for Influential Brand
Client owns an influential national brand and received a preliminary refusal from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for their mark. We successfully defended the likelihood of confusion refusal. Client received approval for a federal trademark and has exclusive ownership of their brand’s name.Let's Get Started