We’ll Work For Art Initiative
Your creativity has value. Our firm believes that art is also currency.
We are providing an innovative solution for emerging visual artists who need an attorney as a part of their business advisory team.
We’ll Work For Art is the first initiative of its kind.
A message from our founder…
“Our mission is centered on helping creative entrepreneurs recognize the value of their creativity and ultimately protecting and monetizing it through intellectual property strategies. This initiative is different from a traditional pro bono program — we select pro bono clients each year. The purpose of WWFA is to shift the status quo view of the value of emerging art– and to begin to accept it as a regular form of currency. ”
IF ART IS ACCEPTABLE AS COLLATERAL IN SOME COUNTRIES THEN WE BELIEVE THAT IT SHOULD BE AN ACCEPTED FORM OF CURRENCY FOR OUR LEGAL SERVICES.
We are selecting 3 artists to participate in the first cohort. If selected to participate you will receive:
- Up to $5,000 in legal services including business entity formation and counsel, contract review, drafting or negotiation, trademark counsel and registrations, copyright counsel and registrations, and outside general counsel services.
- An intellectual property strategy session to develop a plan of action for protecting your creative work.
- CGL will fund up to $350 of filing fees for trademark or copyright registrations.
- You can fundraise for additional filing fees and we will provide legal counsel on their crowdfunding campaign.
In order to be eligible you…
- Must focus a substantial part of your work on the positive portrayal of underrepresented communities.
- Must have less than 10 years in art practice.
- Must have a strong desire to be a full-time, working artist and you don’t just see it as a “side thing”.
- Must demonstrate financial need through our application process.
The 2017 application period ends July 31st.